Stage 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
Mesa County is under stage 1 fire Restrictions Effective 7/21/23.
What is allowed:
- Fires in permanent fire pits, fire rings at private residences or within developed recreational sites such as a campground, or picnic area.
- Fire features, chimineas and tiki torches at private residences supervised by a responsible adult.
- Fires contained within liquid fuel or gas fueled stoves, lanterns, or heating devices.
- Agricultural burns with Sheriff’s Office Issued Permit Only. Mesa County Fire Marshal will do a safety inspection prior to issuing permit.
- Only PERMITTED PROFESSIONAL FIREWORK displays are allowed.
What is not allowed:
- The personal use of all fireworks are prohibited during fire restrictions.
- Any fire or campfire, not within a permanently constructed fire grate in a developed park, campground, private residence, or picnic area.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area of at least six feet diameter that is barren or cleared of all combustible material.
- Operating or using any internal combustion engine, such as chainsaws, without a spark-arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working order.
- Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame EXCEPT in cleared areas of at least 10 ft in diameter and in possession of a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher.
- Target shooting with explosive targets is not permitted.