Grand Junction – Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
Uncompahgre Field Office
Gunnison Field Office
Tres Rios Field office
D. Maggie Magee PAO
(970) 240-5323 (office)
(970) 208-4328 (cell)
Grand Junction Field Office
Eric Coulter, PAO
(970) 244-3061 (office)
(970) 628-5622 (cell)
Grand Junction Field Office has Stage 1 fire restrictions in effect 7/21/23.
BLM Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
What is allowed:
• Gas equipment with shut-off switch or campfires and charcoal only in developed campgrounds with metal ring.
• Campfires & charcoal only in developed campground metal rings
• Gas camping equipment with shutoff switch can be used.
• Smoking in enclosed vehicle or building
• Smoking in area 3 feet diameter clear of vegetation
• Chainsaws must have approved spark arrester, a 2A rated pressurized fire extinguisher at least 8 oz capacity, and a round pointed shovel at least 36 inches available
• Using welder or torch in a cleared area at least 10 feet in diameter and possess a 2A rated pressurized fire extinguisher at least 8 oz capacity
What is not allowed:
• Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire or stove fire, including charcoal briquette fire.
• No campfires
• No charcoal
• No Fire Pans
• No smoking in grass, brush or timber areas
• No fireworks
• No explosives or exploding targets
• No tracer rounds
• No sky lanterns
• Using a chainsaw without an approved spark arrestor
• Welding or operating a torch in grass, brush, or timber areas